4 (1)b) The particulars of its organization, functions and duties Board of Radiation & Isotope Technology was carved out of Bhabha Atomic Research Centre in March 1989 by Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India. This unit was constituted by Department of Atomic Energy, Government of India to extend commercial applications of radioisotopes and radiation in the areas of Health, Agriculture, Industry & Research.
Particulars of organization, functions and duties:
- Name and address of the Organization
- Head of the organization
- Vision, Mission and Key objectives
- Function and duties
- Organization Structure
Any other details-the genesis, inception, the formation of the department and the HoDs from time to time as well as the committees/ Commissions constituted from time to time have been dealt.
Powers and duties of its officers:
- Reaching the fruits of R&D in the field of radioisotope and radiation technology to the society.
- Commercial exploitation of this technology without losing sight of societal obligations.
- Propagation of relevant technology
The activities and information about BRIT are broadly classified as under:
- The procedure followed in the decision making process, including channels of supervision and accountability: BRIT programmes have been grouped into following main groups - Medical Cyclotron Facility, Marketing & Services, Radiopharmaceutical Production, Engineering & Corporate Planning, Labelled Compounds. Dy. Chief Executive/Senior General Managers / Dy. General Managers are controlling these group separately. They report to Chief Executive, BRIT. Under them there are Deputy General Managers, Senior Managers and Managers responsible to control and regulate. The staff pattern is at present on the basis of functional requirements and many sections, groups are made within the control of Dy. CE/SGMs. CAO controls the administration and DCA heads the accounts and also report to Chief Executive, BRIT.
- The norms set by BRIT for the discharge of its functions : As per the procedure prescribed under theManual of Office Procedure
- The rules, regulations, instructions, manuals and records, held by it or under its control or used by its employees for discharging its functions : Atomic Energy Act, Rules and Notifications
- A statement of the categories of documents that are held by it or under its control : Standard Operating Procedure - Radiation Emergency procedure, BRIT Facilities, Vashi.
- The particulars of any arrangement that exists for consultation with, or representation by, the members of the public in relation to the formulation of its policy or implementation thereof annual reports, Citizen Charter.
- A statement of the boards, councils,BRIT Mangement Committe and other bodies consisting of two or more persons constituted as its part or for the purpose of its advice, and as to whether meetings of those boards, councils, committees and other bodies are open to the public, or the minutes of such meetings are accessible for public.
- Directory of its officers and employees
- The monthly remuneration received by each of its officers and employees: (a)Monthly Remuneration for June 2018 (b) Pay Scales of BRIT Staff
- The budget allocated to each agency, including the particulars of all plans, proposed expenditures and reports on disbursements made etc. : Expenditure statement 2018-2019 (Plan/ Non-Plan)
- Foreign and Domestic tours :
(a) For the financial year 2018-2019, the budget is as follows: DTE: Rs. 50 Lakhs and FTE: Rs. 5 Lakhs (b) The expenditure of the officials of the rank of Joint Secretary to the Government and above, as well as heads of the department, is Rs. 7958/-.
- Details in respect of the information, available to or held by it, reduced in an electronic form: The products, services and other information as is useful for the customers and beneficiaries are published and updated on regular basis on BRIT website by Web Information Manager
The names, designations and other particulars of the current Public Information Officers, Assistant Public Information Officers and Appellate Authority.
Nodal Officer and Transparency Officer
CAG : The outstanding has been reduced from Rs. 10.71 crores to Rs. 8.70 crores. Audit comments are noted and regular follow-up and stringent action is taken to clear the outstanding dues. CAG - Outstanding Amounts
Guidelines on RTI by the public Authorities concerned
Addendum to RTI Updates (above) :
RTI Regulation of Fee and Cost Rule (English and Hindi)
Budget Details for year 2021-2022
Nodal Officer for Pensioner Welfare
Grievance Redressal Officer for PWD