BRIT Management committee (BMC) was formed on April 13,1989 in order to facilitate timely and expeditious processing of various technical and administrative proposals, to ensure the optimum utilization of available manpower, resources and facilities and to review the technical programmes of the various operations from time to time. The BMC was reconstituted as per Office Order( Office order No.CE-19/2021 dated May 22, 2021) and consists of the following members.
Chairman, BMC may co-opt any expert as additional member for discussion on any particular item in a meeting.
Swipe to view
|Sr. No.||Designation / Unit||Role|
|1.||Chief Executive, Board of Radiation & Isotope Technology||Chairman|
|2.||Head, Radiation Safety Division (RSD), AERB||Member|
|3.||Head, Civil Engineering Division (CED), BARC||Member|
|4.||Head, Division of Remote Handling & Robotics (DRHR), BARC||Member|
|5.||Head, Isotope & Radiation Applications Division (IRAD), BARC||Member|
|6.||Head, Radiopharmaceuticals Division (RPhD), BARC||Member|
|7.||Head, Reactor Operations Division (ROD), BARC||Member|
|8.||Shri Ajit V. Pillai, CE, (RC and SA &S), NPCIL||Member|
|9.||Shri. Ramakant Sahu,General Manager (ESSA),BRIT||Member|
|10.||Dr.S.Gautam, SO/H, Food Technology Division, BARC||Member|
|11.||Dr.(Smt.) Savita Kulkarni Head RMC, BARC||Member|
|12.||Dr.(Smt.) Usha Pandey, General Manager (RPL& FMP ), BRIT||Member|
|13.||Shri N. Jayachandran, DGM Labelled Compounds (LC &TS), BRIT||Member|
|15.||Deputy Controller of Account, BRIT||Member|
|16.||Chief Administrative Officer, BRIT||Member-Secretary|
- The main functions of BRIT Managment Committee
- To review the technical programme of various operations of BRIT from time to time and to advise the Chief Executive, BRIT in the smooth operation of various programmes undertaken by BRIT.
- To examine and consider the revenue budget of BRIT and finalise the proposals for approval of DAE.
- To consider and decide on general matters concerning operations of BRIT and to make recommendation regarding.
- Nominations of officers and staff of BRIT for being deputed abroad under the various training programmes sponsored by IAEA etc. and on scholarships and fellowships offered by Foreign Governments including extension of such deputations.
- Deputation abroad of officers for participation in international conferences, symposia and meetings organized by IAEA and other international organizations.
- Sending officers/staff on foreign service within and outside India.
- To consider and approve nominations of personnel for training/short term courses not exceeding six months in India.
- To consider and approve nominations of staff for attending symposia conferences etc. convened in India.
- To consider the grant of special leave to staff for higher studies/training abroad.
- Matters connected with universities such as nomination of members of staff to various university bodies, invitation to visiting professors and visiting members in accordance with the procedures laid down. To accord permission to officers for recognition as a guide in various universities for the award of higher degrees (M.Sc./PhD etc.)
- To screen the recommendations for promotions/appointments to posts in Scientific and Technical categories upto and including grades SO/E personnel in BRIT.
- Staff welfare.
- To consider and make suitable recommendations on any matters referred to it by the Chief Executive, BRIT.