1. Our Vision:
The vision of Board of Radiation and Isotope Technology (BRIT) is to empower India through Technology, creation of more wealth and providing better of life to its citizen. This is to be achieved by making India energy independent, contributing to provision of sufficient, safe and nutritious food and better health care to our people through development and deployment of radiation technologies and their applications.
2. Our Clients:
- User Ministries/Departments of Central Govt. And State Govt. dealing with Agriculture, Food, Health, Education, Oil and Petroleum Industry, Science and Technology etc.
- Quasi Govt. Organizations, NGOs, Industrial Organizations, Educational Institutions etc.
- Hospitals, Research/Medical/Educational/Academic Institutions, Agriculturists etc.
3. Our Activities:
The Organization is engaged in healthcare, agriculture, research and industry i.e. radiation based techniques for diagnosis and therapy of disease particularly Cancer, Technology for safe drinking water, better environment and robust industry, better crop varieties, techniques for control / eradication of insects thus protecting the crops, radiation based post harvest technologies. It is also developing advanced technologies which contribute to the national prosperity. The human resource development and technical services being rendered by the Department/Organization have been greatly helping the Indian industry.
The mandate of the Organization, on which its program are based, covers:
- Reaching the fruits of R&D in the field of radioisotope and radiation technology to the society.
- Commercial exploitation of this technology without losing sight of societal obligations.
- Propagation of relevant technology.
- Production of radioisotopes through research reactors and carrying out radiation technology applications in the field of medicine, agriculture and industry.
- Interaction with Universities and academic institutions, Support to research and development projects having a bearing in DAE’s programmes and international cooperation in relation to advanced areas of research.
- Contributing to national Security.
5.Programmes relating to the National Common Minimum Program:
High potential domains to develop applications:
Enhanced production of oil seeds and pulses.
- Education & Health:
Countrywide Services in Cancer through Telemedicine.
- Food & Nutrition Security:
Radiation Processing of Food & Agro products.
- Water Resources:
Desalination in water scarcity.
Whom to Contact:
i. Public Grievance and Complaints
Shri Piyush Srivastava
Senior General Manager, Engineering & Corporate Planning
(O): 022 27887300/(R): 022 27453727
ii. Central Public Information Officer
Shri P. Ramakrishnan
Chief Administrative Officer
(O): 022 27887007/(R): 022 25566120
Government of India
Department of Atomic Energy
Board of Radiation and Isotope Technology
BRIT/BARC – Vashi Complex, Sector – 20
Vashi, Navi Mumbai - 400703
WE, THE PUBLIC SERVANTS OF INDIA DO HEREBY SOLEMNLY PLEDGE THAT WE SHALL CONTINUOUSLY STIVR TO BRING ABOUT INTEGRITY AND TRANSPARENCY IN ALL SPHERES OF OUR ACTIVITIES. WE ALSO PLEDGE THAT WE SHALL WORK UNSTINTINGLY FOR ERADICATION OF CORRUPTION IN ALL SPHERES OF LIFE. WE SHALL REMAIN VIGILANT AND WORK TOWARDS THE GROWTH AND REPUTATION OF OUR ORGANIZATION. THROUGH OUR COLLECTIVE EFFORTS, WE SHALL BRING PRIDE TO PUR ORGANIZATIONS AND PROVIDE VALUE BASED SERVICE TO OUR COUNTRYMEN. WE SHALL DO OUR DUTY CONSCIENTIOUSLY AND ACT WITHOUT FEAR OR FAVOUR.
THIS OFFICE IS THUS COMMITTED TO MAINTAIN THE HIGHEST LEVEL OF ETHICS IN ITS WORKING TOWARDS ACHIEVING THE ABOVE OBJECTIVE, ALL ARE REQUESTED:
NOT TO PAY BRIBE.
IF ANYBODY IN THIS DEPARTMENT/ORGANIZATION OR ITS OFFICES ASKS FOR BRIBE: [OR]
IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION ON CORRUPTION:[OR]
IF YOU ARE A VICTIM OF CORRUPTION IN ANY OF OUR OFFICES,
YOU MAY COMPLAIN TO:
SENIOR GENERAL MANAGER(MARKETING & SERVICES), VIGILANCEOFFICER, BRIT.
ADDITIONAL SECRETARY, PUBLIC GRIEVANCES OFFICER & CHIEF
VIGILANCE OFFICER, DEPARTMENT OF ATOMIC ENERGY, ANUSHAKTI BHAVAN, C.S.M.MARG, MUMBAI – 400 001
YOU MAY ALSO COMPLAIN TO:
BHAVAN, C.S.M.MARG, MUMBAI – 400 001
CENTRAL VIGILANCE COMMISSION, SATARKTA BHAVAN, BLOCK ‘A’, GPO COMPLEX, INA, NEW DELHI – 110 023