BRIT Board was constituted on 01 March, 1988 by the Department of Atomic Energy and is central to the planning and implementation of the various programmes executed by BRIT. Director, BARC is designated as Chairman, BRIT Board and the various members are as listed below. Chief Executive, BRIT serves as the Convenor of this Board.
|Sr. No.||Board Member||Role|
|1.||Director, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Mumbai||Chairman|
|2.||Chief Executive, Board of Radiation & Isotope Technology, Navi Mumbai||Member & Convenor|
|3.||Head, Nuclear Controls and Planning Wing, Department of Atomic Energy, Mumbai||Member|
|4.||Joint Secretary (I&M), Department of Atomic Energy, Mumbai||Member|
|5.||Joint Secretary (Finance), Department of Atomic Energy, Mumbai||Member|
|6.||Director (HR), NPCIL, Mumbai||Member|
|7.||Director/Associate Director, RC&IG, BARC, Mumbai||Member|
|8.||Director/Associate Director, Reactor Group, BARC, Mumbai||Member|
|9.||Director/Associate Director, Bio-Science Group, BARC, Mumbai||Member|
|10.||Director/Associate Director, Nuclear Recycle Group, BARC, Mumbai||Member|
|11.||Director, Advanced Centre for Training, Research & Education in Cancer, Navi Mumbai||Member|
|12.||Head, RMC, Mumbai||Member|
|13.||Director, Sriram Institute for Industrial Research, New Delhi||Member|
|14.||Dr. A.N. Nandakumar, Former Head, RSD, AERB, Mumbai||Member|
|15.||Deputy General Manager (LC) and OIC, RAL, Board of Radiation & Isotope Technology, Navi Mumbai||Non-member Secretary|
- The functions of the BRIT Board
- To consider and recommend for Government approval the Five Year Plans, Annual Plans and Individual Plan Projects / Schemes of the Unit keeping in view the general / specific guidelines of the Government / Planning Commission in this regard.
- To consider and recommend for Government approval the Annual Budget Estimates and Revised Estimates of the Unit both Non-Plan and Plan expenditure / receipts.
- To consider and approve the annual programme of work, production, sales, etc., of the Unit in line with (a) and (b) above, including approval of the annual physical targets of work for the purposes of production lined incentives, provided that information relating to programme of work, production, etc., considered confidential by the Chief Executive or categorized as such under instructions of the DAE will be excluded from such consideration by the Board.
- To periodically review the progress of Plan projects/ schemes and other important scientific/technical activities of the Unit and make suggestions for effective implementation thereof.
- To consider and recommend for approval of the Competent Authority expenditure on new (non-Plan) projects as well as proposals for award of contracts for works, purchase of equipment/machinery/materials/ supplies and consultancies in accordance with the scheme of delegation of financial powers separately notified by the DAE from time to time. To consider and recommend to the Chief Executive cases of grant of extra-ordinary leave/ study leave for higher studies, abroad or within India.
- To consider and recommend to the Chief Executive on matters connected with scientific/technical collaboration (including entering into commercial joint ventures or Memoranda of Understanding) with other institutions / organizations within the country (outside DAE) or abroad.
- To consider and approve any new R&D activity within the organization, not included in any specific (Plan/non-Plan) scheme / project.
- To consider and approve (or recommend for approval of the competent authority) proposals for pricing of projects and services of the Unit, in accordance with the specific / general Government guidelines and delegation of powers on the subject. To consider and recommend to the Chief Executive, cases of promotion of scientific and technical staff, in relaxation of existing norms in that behalf.
- To consider and make recommendations on proposals for creation of additional posts, (except additional posts to accommodate promotions under the merit promotion scheme), measures for staff welfare and incentives and all matters relating to training of staff after recruitment.
- To periodically review the status of observations of the Comptroller & Auditor General of India (and other inspecting authorities) on the working of the Unit and of the action taken by the Unit to improve performance and / or avoid recurrence of deficiencies.
- To consider and decide on any other matters referred by the Chief Executive, any other Member of the Board or the Department of Atomic Energy.