Blood Irradiator 2000
Applications: Irradiation of blood & blood products by gamma rays is a proven and safe method to inhibit T-Lymphocyte Proliferation and eliminate the risk of post transfusion graft versus host disease (T-GVHD). Gamma irradiation of cellular blood components is the best current technology to reduce the risk of T-GVHD to the recipients as confirmed by research and therefore being widely practiced world over in hospitals and blood banks as a life saving approach to this problem.
BRIT has designed and developed a dedicated blood irradiator called Blood Irradator-2000 (Bl-2000. It is a self-shielded, compact and versatile Gamma Irradiator which can house cobalt-60 source upto 25 TBq (675 Curies).
It provides a dose rate of about 11 Gy/minute approximately inside the sample chamber. It is incorporated with a sample rotating mechanism to obtain better uniformity of dose to the products. The control system is PLC (Programmable Logic Controller) based with touch sensitive color screen using user-friendly software and a printer for data recording.
The unit can be installed in a room without any additional shielding. Its design conforms to all relevant national and international standards and safety codes. It meets the requirement of Type B(U) package for transportation.
Safe and self shielded: No additional shielding is required. The radiation field on the external surface of the unit is much below the permissible level.
- Dose uniformity: Sample rotation mechanism and stationary source pencils symmetrically placed in a cylindrical cage ensure good uniformity of radiation field within 25% variation or better.
- Control system: PLC based control system with touch sensitive color screen having user friendly software and printer for data recording.
- Computerised calculations of dose and termination of irradiation based on time as well as dose modes with Cobalt-60 source decay correction.
- Sensing & display of irradiation temperature on the panel.
- Sample chamber door inter lock for safety operation.
- Manual control of irradiation temperature inside sample chamber.
- Design conforms to codes of Atomic Energy Regulatory Board (AERB), India, as well as American National Standards - ANSI-N433.1-1977 for safe design and use of self contained dry source storage Gamma irradiator (Category-I).
- Safety assurance: The unit is type B(U) approved by Atomic Energy Regulatory Board (AERB), India for safety in transport of radioactive material as per relevant national and international safety standards.
- Source Replenishment and Servicing: BRIT will undertake servicing and source replenishment whenever required.
- Source Disposal: BRIT will also take up source disposal as and when required.
- Refrigerator will be provided along with unit for storing blood bags at low temperature.
|Co-60 Source Capacity||25 TBq (675 Ci)|
|Dose rate at maximum capacity||11 Gy/min. approx|
Radial +/-25% or better
Axial +/-25% or better
|Size||13 cm (dia) X 21.7 cm (ht)|
|Rotating Container of Sample Chamber|
|Size||12 cm (dia) X 17.9 cm (ht)|
|Shielding material||Lead & Stainless Steel (SS 304L)|
|Weight of the unit||2600 Kgs. Approx.|
|Size of the unit||112 cm (l) x 95 cm (w) x 171 cm (ht)|
|Timer range||6 seconds onwards|
220/230 V, 50 Hz, 5 Amps,
Single Phase, AC supply
Electrical as well as PLC based with
touch sensitive colored LCD screen and
printer for data recording
|Room for the unit|
|3M X 3M X 3M (minimum)|
|1.1M Clear width X 2 M (height)|
|5 Tons per sq.meter|
Touch Screen Display
|Updated: Thursday September 29, 2016 11:02||Best Viewed in 1280 X 720 Screens|