Highlights for January - September 2017
20 Nos. of Cobalt-60 teletherapy sources have been supplied to various hospitals in India for cancer treatment.
968 KCi of Cobalt-60 industrial grade source have been supplied to SIX irradiator plants across the country.
33 KCi of Ir-192 sources (550Nos.) have been supplied for radiography cameras.
21100 Tritium Filled Luminous Sources have been supplied to Defence Organisation.
Four Blood Irradiator-2000 units with Cs-137 source have been supplied to hospital.
Nine Gamma Chambers-5000 units have been supplied to universities/institutions for research purpose.
More than 14000 Nos. of Technetium Cold Kits have been supplied to various hospitals in India
1200 Nos. of Technetium-99m Generator have been supplied to various hospitals in India
More tha 480 Ci of I-131 have been supplied to various hospitals for both diagnostic and therapeutic purpose.
270 Ci of FDG-F18 have been supplied to various hospitals in Mumbai for PET scanning.
4400 Cu.m. of medical supplies have been sterilised using gamma radiation processing.
3600 Tons of materials (spices, pet feed, herbal raw material, colour powder etc.) have been processed using gamma radiation processing.
Participation, presentation and demonstration of BRIT activities
at “Science and Technology Exhibition” at Parliament of
India, New Delhi.
- Radiopharmaceutical Committee approval received for extension of
shelf life (expiry date) from the existing one year to two
year of Kit for the preparation of 99mTc-Diethylene
triaminepenta Acetic acid (DTPA) injection (Code:TCK-7) & Kit
for the preparation of 99mTc-Phytate injection (Code:
- Cobalt-60 teletherapy source (180 RMM) was exported to Kenyatta National Hospital, Kenya.
- Co-60 Irradiator Source (125 KCi) was exported to Srilanka Atomic Energy Board for source replenishment in Multipurpose Gamma Irradiator at Biyagama.
- Radiation Processing Plant, Vashi obtained ISO-13485 : 2016 for quality management system for healthcare products.
- MOU signed with M/s Jamnadas Industries, Dahod (Gujarat) for setting up a Gamma Radiation Processing Plant for disinfestation, shelf life extension of food products and sterilization applications of healthcare products at Indore (Madhya Pradesh).
- Two batches of Kit for 99mTc-HYNIC RGD for tumour induced angiogenesis were prepared. The development of this kit was done by BRIT and Radiopharmaceuticals division BARC.
- Successfully designed and fabricated new Type A Packages for transport of radioactive material in liquid form in bulk (18Ci of I-131) This is now approved by AERB (Ref: AERB/RSD/IATWMS/TR/SS-2/2017/150) and will now be regularly used for transport of I-131 from BARC to BRIT, Vashi Complex. This will reduce the number of packages during transport by a factor of 4.
- Regular Production of new product “Kit for preparation of 99mTc-Ubiquicidine (Tc-UBI) injection” (Code TCK-57), useful for infection imaging, started. This product has been jointly developed by BRIT & BARC. Regular supply to customers started.
- For the first time, prepared and supplied one 14C-standard planchet source for calibration of Automatic Air Activity Sampler (AAAS), being developed by RPAD, BARC
- Production and supply of new product “Kit for preparation of 99m Tc-Macro Aggregated Albumin (Tc-MAA) injection (Code TCK-56),” started.
Wednesday November 08, 2017 18:29
||Best Viewed in 1280X720 Screens