Friday October 05, 2018 17:12
Highlights for Jan - Aug 2018
Collective highlights of BRIT for previous months of the calendar year 2018.
12 Nos. of Cobalt-60 teletherapy source has been supplied to hospital in India for cancer treatment.
3000 kCi of industrial grade Cobalt-60 irradiator sources have been supplied
to nine irradiators across the country.
More than 15 kCi of Ir-192 sources (357 Nos.) have been supplied for
17400 Tritium Filled Luminous Sources have been supplied to
Two Blood Irradiator-2000 units with Cs-137 source has been supplied to hospital.
Three Gamma Chambers-5000 units have been supplied to
universities/institutions for research purpose.
More than 12000 Nos. of Technetium Cold Kits have been supplied to various
hospitals in India
820 Nos. of Technetium-99m Generator have been supplied to
various hospitals in India
450 Ci of I-131 have been supplied to various hospitals for both
diagnostic and therapeutic purpose.
193 Ci of FDG-F18 have been supplied to various hospitals in
Mumbai for PET scanning.
4300 Cu.m. of medical supplies have been sterilised
using gamma radiation processing.
3150 Tons of materials (spices, pet feed, herbal raw material,
colour powder etc.) have been processed using gamma radiation
- Regular production and supply of ready to use 68Ga-Radiopharmaceutical
(PSMA-11 and DOTA-TATE) started after New 68Ge-68Ga Generator installation and
validation of facility for regular.
- Production of kit for the preparation of 68Ga-DOTA-TATE injection started.
- Co-60 Irradiator Source (1000 KCi) was exported to REVISS SERVICES (UK) LIMITED, United Kingdom.
- "Facility for the Production of Kits for the Preparation of 99mTc Radiopharmaceuticals" awarded Certificate for compliance to WHO cGMP requirements by M/s URS certification Ltd (a member of URS Holdings group, U.K . ). ( recertified as per current standards)
- Radio-immuno assay (RIA) Kits and Immuno-radiometric assay (IRMA) Kits, manufacture, supply and R&D accredited for compliance to ISO 9001:2015 and ISO 13485:2016 by UKAS (United Kingdom Accreditation Services). ( recertified as per current standards)
- MoUs signed for setting up Gamma Radiation Processing Plants for
disinfestation of food products and sterilization of healthcare
products with :
- Microtrol Sterilization Services Pvt. Ltd.
- HiMedia laboratories Pvt. Ltd. (Mumbai)
- M/s Solas Industries (NOIDA) and M/s Zarims Drynamics LLP (Ahmedabad)
- M/s AV Gamma Tech LLP, Mumbai
- Kits for the preparation of 99mTc-Radiopharmaceutical injection,
were exported to Chile.
- Initiated the supply of no-carrier-added (NCA)
177Lu as Lutetium
Chloride radiochemical (New Product Code: LU-4) to RMC.
- For the first time trouble shooting using angular gamma scanning
was carried at a Mumbai refinery for huge catalyst loss from the
Fluidised Catalyst Cracking Unit.
- Mo-99m in organic form was successfully used as an industrial
radiotracer to identify the leaky heat exchanger in a refinery.
- Production and supply of 177Lu-EDTMP started in lieu of
153Sm-EDTMP. This product is used for bone pain palliation.
- Production of 'Kit for preparation of
useful for bone pain palliation , started as a part of
technology transfer from RPhD, BARC.