Highlights for January - December 2017
31 Nos. of Cobalt-60 teletherapy sources have been supplied to various hospitals in India for cancer treatment.
1170 KCi of Cobalt-60 industrial grade source have been supplied to
Nine irradiator plants across the country.
43 KCi of Ir-192 sources (550Nos.) have been supplied for radiography cameras.
23000 Tritium Filled Luminous Sources have been supplied to Defence Organisation.
Five Blood Irradiator-2000 units with Cs-137 source have been supplied to hospital.
Nine Gamma Chambers-5000 units have been supplied to universities/institutions for research purpose.
19000 Nos. of Technetium Cold Kits have been supplied to various hospitals in India
1570 Nos. of Technetium-99m Generator have been supplied to various hospitals in India
670 Ci of I-131 have been supplied to various hospitals for both diagnostic and therapeutic purpose.
350 Ci of FDG-F18 have been supplied to various hospitals in Mumbai for PET scanning.
5650 Cu.m. of medical supplies have been sterilised using gamma radiation processing.
4850 Tons of materials (spices, pet feed, herbal raw material, colour powder etc.) have been processed using gamma radiation processing.
New product 131I-Lipiodol injection (Code IOM-40) launched, used
for treatment of liver cancer in collaboration with RPhD,
- C0-60 Irradiator source (100 kCi) was exported to Research &
Development Centre for Radiation Technology, Vietnam.
- MOU signed with M/s Andhra Pradesh MedTech Zone Limited, having
its office at Hill No. 2, IT Park, VSEZ, Visakhapatnam-530045
for setting up a Gamma Radiation Processing Plant for
disinfestation of food products and sterilization of healthcare
products at Visakhapatnam.
- New Product 177Lu-DOTATATE used for therapy of neuroendocrine
tumors is launched (code LUM-3).
- Participation, presentation and demonstration of BRIT activities
at “Science and Technology Exhibition” at Parliament of
India, New Delhi.
- Radiopharmaceutical Committee approval received for extension of
shelf life (expiry date) from the existing one year to two
year of Kit for the preparation of 99mTc-Diethylene
triaminepenta Acetic acid (DTPA) injection (Code:TCK-7) & Kit
for the preparation of 99mTc-Phytate injection (Code:
- Cobalt-60 teletherapy source (180 RMM) was exported to Kenyatta National Hospital, Kenya.
- Production of "Kit for preparation of Tc-99m HYNIC TATE
injection", useful for imaging of neuroendocrine tumors, started
as a part of technologuy transferred from RPhd, BARC.
- Co-60 Irradiator Source (125 KCi) was exported to Srilanka Atomic Energy Board for source replenishment in Multipurpose Gamma Irradiator at Biyagama.
- Radiation Processing Plant, Vashi obtained ISO-13485 : 2016 for quality management system for healthcare products.
- MOU signed with M/s Jamnadas Industries, Dahod (Gujarat) for setting up a Gamma Radiation Processing Plant for disinfestation, shelf life extension of food products and sterilization applications of healthcare products at Indore (Madhya Pradesh).
- Two batches of Kit for 99mTc-HYNIC RGD for tumour induced angiogenesis were prepared. The development of this kit was done by BRIT and Radiopharmaceuticals division BARC.
- Successfully designed and fabricated new Type A Packages for transport of radioactive material in liquid form in bulk (18Ci of I-131) This is now approved by AERB (Ref: AERB/RSD/IATWMS/TR/SS-2/2017/150) and will now be regularly used for transport of I-131 from BARC to BRIT, Vashi Complex. This will reduce the number of packages during transport by a factor of 4.
- Regular Production of new product “Kit for preparation of 99mTc-Ubiquicidine (Tc-UBI) injection” (Code TCK-57), useful for infection imaging, started. This product has been jointly developed by BRIT & BARC. Regular supply to customers started.
- For the first time, prepared and supplied one 14C-standard planchet source for calibration of Automatic Air Activity Sampler (AAAS), being developed by RPAD, BARC
- Production and supply of new product “Kit for preparation of 99m Tc-Macro Aggregated Albumin (Tc-MAA) injection (Code TCK-56),” started.
Friday February 02, 2018 13:34
||Best Viewed in 1280X720 Screens