G. Ganesh is the Chief Executive of BRIT. An outstanding scientist and former Head of Technology Transfer & Collaboration Division, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, he assumed the charge on August 1 2015.
G. Ganesh did his graduation in Electronics & Communication Engineering from Madurai University in the year 1981. He joined Reactor Control Division, Bhabha Atomic Research Centre (BARC) after graduating from 25th batch of BARC Training School.
He has been associated with VMEbus (Versa Module Europa bus) based hardware design for use in safety related and non-safety related systems for Nuclear Power Plants. Some of the systems that he was involved in design, installation and commissioning include Channel Temperature Monitoring System, Digital Recording System, SCADA (Supervisory Control & Data Acquisition) for Electrical network, Plant wide Data Acquisition System for MHD (Magnetohydrodynamics) pilot plant, Alarm Annunciation System for Kamini reactor, Fatigue Monitoring System.
He led a team of young engineers to improve the hardware with the latest technology, use of FPGA (Field Programmable Gate Array) along with built-in self-diagnostics. He had got these hardware designed, tested and qualified for use in safety system of Nuclear Power Plants. Reactor Trip Logic System and Alarm Annunciation System, based on this new hardware, have been installed and commissioned at Dhruva Research Reactor, BARC.
He was transferred to Technology Transfer & Collaboration Division of BARC in the month of December 2013. He played an active role in popularizing BARC technologies with industries for possible technology absorption by them. He coordinated signing of many MoUs between BARC and various R&D labs/IITs.
Group Achievement Awards :
- Upgradation of Dhruva C&I systems (2013)
- Development of Advanced Techniques for Control Systems for 540 MWe NPPs and for Analysis and Solution of Bulk Power Oscillation Problem of Large PHWRs (2006)
Salient Publications :
- Automatic Construction of Runtime Monitors for FPGA Based Designs (2011) at International Symposium on Electronic System Design
- Reliability analysis of micro computer boards and computer based systems important to safety of NPPs (2010). National Symposium on Nuclear Instrumentation.
- Hardware Standardisation for Embedded Systems (2010). National Symposium on Nuclear Instrumentation.
- A Cryptographic Primitive based Authentication Scheme for Run-Time Software of Embedded Systems. (2010). International Conference on Reliabilitiy, Safety and Hazard (ICRESH 2010)
- Channel Temperature Monitoring System for Indian PHWRs (2007). IAEA Technical Meeting at Prague, Czech Republic.
India Today May 21 2015 : Bhabha Atomic Research Centre comes up with new solution to manage waste water.
G. Ganesh (Outstanding Scientist)
Board of Radiation & Isotope Technology
BRIT/BARC Vashi Complex
Sector 20 Vashi
Navi Mumbai - 400 703
Phone (O) : 91-22-2784 0000
Fax : 91- 22-2784 0005
Email : chief[at]britatom[dot]gov[dot]in
|Updated: Tuesday August 30, 2016 14:22||Best Viewed in 1280 X 720 Screens|